Tuesday, November 17, 2020

The Good List

Photo by Pro Church Media on Unsplash

In small town Iowa, things are starting to cancel left and right, again.  So, I'm starting a gratitude list of good things happening right now. 

  • We started to lock in our New Year's Eve plans and I'm so excited!  It's just going to be the four of us, but I think it will be a NYE to remember.  I couldn't sleep a few nights ago, so I may have gone crazy ordering outfits for all of us. Bring on 2021!!
  • We have family photos scheduled for the beginning of December and I'm so excited to put our outfits together!  It's at a tree farm, so it's going to involve all the layers!  And Lord willing, SNOW!!
  • We gave a Lola a bath this weekend and she smells so good!  It's a task we all dread, but once she's washed, dried, & smelling fresh we're all thankful! ;)
  • Thanksgiving is around the corner!  While I could give or take the Thanksgiving meal itself, I love the day of conversation, games, & online shopping.  Speaking of shopping, I've got a great start on Christmas already!  Does anyone else have the itch to buy from all the local shops this year?

  • Luckily everyone on our family is healthy right now, but we know so many people sick with Covid.  On Sunday, Adam made a huge batch of Chicken Noodle Soup and we delivered it to a bunch of friends around town.

  • I'm not sure what wrestling season will look like for our little man this year, but more excited than ever before for skiing season!  Our go-to ski hill, Seven Oaks, is opening soon.  Since Adam works many Saturdays, I foresee many weekends of the kids and I in Boone.  

  • The weather here is supposed to be amazing the next three days -- 63, 73, 61!  Maybe we will get our leaves picked up after all.  Speaking of temperature, we got our fireplaces working and it's heavenly!  

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...