Monday, March 5, 2018

February Goals Check Up!


February's Check In...

Meal plan :: We made a meal plan, but for a variety of reasons {mainly house showings!} we only stuck to it about 50% of the time.  Still way better than it was in 2017, but I want to do better in March!

Read a book :: Check!  I read this bookthis book

Make a photo book :: I actually KILLED this goal!  They had a super deal, so I made 5!  Yes, 5!
Don't buy any clothes! :: Check!  Didn't buy a dang thing!!

Wash my face every day :: Ugh -- I actually think I didn't worse with this than normal, I would say I was about 50%! Yikes!

Individual dates with the kids :: Check!  Jordyn painted pottery with me and went to the Father Daughter Dance with Adam.  I took Cullyn to Backyard Adventures for a morning.

Purge all drawers/clutter areas :: I did pretty good on this goal.  The Ankeny house is pretty decluttered.  I'll do the rest when we move.  I also cleaned out the Lakehouse, again just need to do the final yes/no on a few things when we move.  I also sold some stuff that needed to go {Adams old car!} Now I just need to find someone to take the piano!

Celebrate Valentine's with Adam :: Check!  We had a lovely dinner at Simon's for Valentine's.

Go on a family date :: Check!  We went skiing and the kids couldn't have loved it more.  I just wish we would have done it earlier in the winter so we could have gone more than one time this year.  It will be easier as the kids get bigger and we can go after school.  Right now, they just need more attention so we try to go under the 'perfect' conditions.

Update the kids' travel journals :: MO, TN, NC & SC  Well, I made progress, which is a start I guess.  I did Florida for both kids, and ordered maps for the other states.  Unfortuanly, I forgot I need TWO of each map, so I need to go back and order the rest of the maps - sigh!

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...