Monday, March 19, 2018

Evening Skincare Routine


When I turned 30, I vowed I would start taking better care of my skin, my face in particular.  Given the fact I wasn't going anything aside from the rare facewashing when I had a breakout, anything would be an improvement. It's a taken a bit of time, and even more money, but I've finally found my favorite products, so I thought I would share my evening skincare routine with you in case you're looking for a product to replace something that is no longer working for you, or maybe you're like me and just aren't sure where to start.  I'm not beauty expert -- I hear there are lots of those on YouTube these days, so maybe look there if you're looking for a guru.  In the next couple of years, I'm hoping to transition to more 'green' products, but this is what I'm loving {& more importantly what's working} right now.

Eye Makeup Remover | I can't believe I ever used eye makeup remover.  This stuff works so well.  I love the way it melts from solid to liquid when you grab it.  Notes...any coconut oil would work, this is a huge container so I put a chunk of it in a little glass jar with a lid, lastly, I little goes a long way! :)

Face Wash | This was my one and only skin product at 30.  I've used it since high school and I LOVE it!  It's not all natural, but I love the tightness I get from the alcohol in it.

Evening Toner | I just found this product when I was getting a makeover before Adam's Christmas party this year.  She used it and my skin felt so, so soft!  Amazing!

Night MoisturizerI use one or the other usually.  Sometimes if my face feels super dry I'll mix them together and use both, but they're pretty similar.  I bought both to see which was better, but I like them both equally.  This and the eye makeup remover are my start to use more natural beauty products.

Eye Cream | I had been using the one from Rodan & Fields, but this was sent to me to review {months ago -- this has nothing to do with the post!} and I actually find this one more effective, and less money!

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...