Thursday, March 12, 2015

No Kids

Written late 3/11

As you've heard by now, we're done with our sitter.  My mom was supposed to take our kids next week while our {now former} sitter was on spring break, so we just bumped it up a week.  I can't go into specifics on the old sitter yet {for legal reasons} but know that we interviewed a few potential nannies tonight and I have two more on Friday.  I'm 95% sure we've found our match {pending background checks, a  test run with the kids, etc.} and I couldn't be more excited!  So say a little prayer for us as we finalize things.  God-willing, we'll be back to a new normal routine soon!

In the meantime, I'm so extremely blessed to have parents that will take our kids with a phone call.  I know many kids go with grandparents for an entire summer, but I must say, I'm so ready to get my kids home!  I've cried every single day they've been gone.  The goodbye was brutal on me, but it's even the little things like walking into a messy playroom, finding a picture Jordyn drew, hearing a kid at work giggling, etc.  I'm so thankful for FaceTime, but tonight was hard.  It's bittersweet actually.

Luckily, Adam and I have been super busy this week, so I haven't had the time to dwell that they're gone.  I'm trying to find the positive out of this situation, so here are a few things we've done since the kids have been gone…

Ate dinner at 9p--on the couch
Got our taxes done
Went to lunch together
Picked up a winters' worth of dog poop
Interviewed several nanny candidates
and we have a happy hour and dinner out scheduled for tonight

I've also done a photoshoot, stayed at work late, squeezed workouts in the morning, ran outside without worrying about a sitter for the kids, and caught a cold.

While we undergo this transition it will be stressful, but we're very anxious for this new opportunity.  We were more than ready for a change.

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...