Thursday, May 8, 2014

Adam & Abby {a day date sans kids}

Most days through the week it's the same old, same old around here {by choice--we're making an attempt to stay home more through the week because we're just so busy & so exhausted all.the.time!} 

Drop off kids.  Work.  Pick up kids.  Go to the gym.  Run an errand or two.  Make dinner--& beg kids to eat.  Play.  Give baths. Chasing. Read books. Put Cully down.  Snuggle J on the couch. Take Jordy to bed.  Take Jordy back to bed. Back to bed.  Back to bed. They we both collapse.  Adam in his chair, watching TV, doing computer work, or watching another 'hilarious' YouTube video.  Me in the other chair.  Usually editing and listening to a book.  Sometimes posting photos to IG from our day or catching up on Facebook/blog reading.  After dozing off a few times, I give in and take Murdock and myself to bed around 10:30.  




We're exhausted. We love each other--but we're just exhausted.  Right now, our kids take every little ounce of energy we have.  We talk throughout the day {thank goodness for texts and the phone calls between Adam's appointments!} and make sure to fill in important details {usually logistical} but that's about the extent of it.  Heck we were a few weeks ago we were adjusting our life insurance/investments and it took us almost 3 weeks to get the info, find time to talk about it, make our decision, and get back to the investor.  And even then, over half was done through email.  Eventually, I just made the decision and we went with it.  Sad! 

Yesterday he called me, and said to clear my schedule for the rest of the day.  So, we {for the first time ever I think!} told work we had an appointment that afternoon and we would be back tomorrow.  We left the kids in daycare and spent the next four hours on the golf course.  We used to do this pre kids.  Adam golfs and I ride on the cart and read.  It's absolutely heavenly.  We both get to relax and unwind for a bit.  We're together & both doing things we love most.  Just us.  Adam & Abby. We laugh, we giggle, we take the time to really listen to each other.


And then we drove with the windows down acting like we were 20 again before swapping vehicles & picking the kids up in the minivan. :)  Parenting is what we signed up for and I wouldn't trade it for the world, but getting spending the afternoon with the man that made me a mama will always be an activity I treasure.  Nothing feels quite like it.  In 20 years my babies will have moved away and it's just going to be just us again.  I want to make sure I take the time to treasure and connect with my husband so we're still 'dating' when they're gone. 

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...