Tuesday, May 27, 2014

20 Things... {about me}


I'm not big on the selfie thing, but they had a photo booth at the event I was photographing and I thought 'why not?!'  :)  So there I am!  A few random things you may not know about me…

I still get embarrassed when people find out about my blog & I never refer to myself as a 'blogger'

I just purchased my first pair of boots {other than snow boots!}

I used to HATE living in Iowa {& still wish I would had moved out of state for a while} but now that I have kids, I'm so glad I live here.  I love {almost} all things about Iowa now

My favorite website to shop on is Etsy.  They have everything and it's all adorable.  If I need to by something cheap and {fairly} quick, I shop on Amazon.  For kids clothes, my go-to is Baby Gap.  For myself, I go to VonMaur, and my husband I go to American Eagle.  Confession:I just purchased my first pair of jeans in FIVE years.

I have been pregnant most of the last 3 years.  In a couple of years I want to be pregnant for another 3 years :)

I don't drink coffee & have never stepped foot in a Starbucks.

Instagram may be my all time favorite creation in life.  I love it! {& clearly am addicted to it!} #Overgram

I know this isn't common, but I live to be the 'room mom' at my kid's school/daycare.  Oh, and I drive a minivan, too! ;)

I don't eat any fruits or vegetables.  Yes, I know this is unhealthy.  I just can't.  I've tried a few things and I can't swallow them down.  :/  I'm trying to make my kids do better than me though.  Thankfully, as of now, they at least love veggie pouches.  

If I had a weekend to myself it would be spent sleeping, shopping, going to the spa, and reading.

I'm hoping to plan a small getaway for our 5 year anniversary this fall

When I was little I wanted to be a stay at home mom, then a teacher, but ended up getting my degree in Business because I thought they made more money {ha!} Not I wish I would have studied Graphic Design and Photography

I usually only shop 3-4 times a year, so when I do, I do!  Everyone's wardrobe gets updated.  And typically 2 of those shopping sprees are because we have family photos scheduled.  Also, I buy 3-4 sets of the very same outfit {usually different color tops though} because when it takes me forever to find something I like that works well for me.  {3 pair of the same jeans, 10 of the same shirts {LUSH brand for those interested} in different colors, even the same style panties for the last like 10 years--aren't you all glad you know this?!} :)

I graduated college in just 3 years and have held at least one job at a time since I was 14

I cut Adam & the kids' hair {except their first hair cuts}

Someday I'm going to give up my corporate job and take my photography business full-time.  My dream is to do photography 2 days a week + weekends and stay home with our kids the other 3 days a week

I'm planning to run my first 1/2 marathon this summer at the age of 27 & recently lost 20 pounds of 'baby weight'

Murdock was my first baby, but if I had known the quality of his life would be like this I would have let him go.  It's so hard not letting your emotions get in the way.

My 'real' job is at a hospital.  No, I'm not a nurse {always the first question people ask}.  I work with students, residents & physicians.  I truly enjoy my job, I just wish I had more time to do it or less of it to do! :)

never cook dinner.  Adam does 99.9% of all meals made at our house.

3 comments:

  1. I'm the same way with my blog. If Josh tells people I blog, I get embarrassed! Mostly because I don't want them to find me. I like that my blog isn't connected to my "real life"!

    Are you planning on having two more kids close in age in a few years? Josh and I haven't really talked about it yet, and I'm torn. Part of me just wants to knock them all out at once so that when they're a little older, they're ALL older, but then part of me wants to space them out a little!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to feel that way about my blog, but now with Noah, it is a great way of connecting with family who don't get to see Noah. I love Instagram too! Is the a such thing as overgram? If so I've hit it too! Haha - photos day anyone?
    Yay for more babies!!
    Is Murdoch not well again?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!! No fruits and veg? Crazy!! How about smoothies? No Starbucks? EVER? Even crazier!! ha How's Murdock? Not good again...:(? Nice work on the 10lbs lady!! wow! More babies?!! YAY!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read some of our story & especially for commenting!

Other Good Reads

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...