Thursday, February 6, 2014

Superbowl 2014


Although the game was probably the most boring Superbowl I've seen, we had a blast celebrating with friends.  We hosted {easiest with young kids on a Sunday night} a small, informal get together.  The morning of Jordy and I went out a bought craft paper and white tape {I wanted thinner tape, but they were out of white electrical tape}.  I wanted to decorate the table {better lighting}, but logistically it made more sense to decorate the bar {since Cully still needs to sit at the table to eat}.  We served chili {brought by our friends}, nacho bar, homemade potato skins, shrimp cocktail, peanuts/pretzels/popcorn {in the portable bags}, brownies, and of course beer. 

All ideas taken from blogs & Pinterest {I take no credit!} :)
 We played the same game we did last year and also played Commercial BINGO {which the kids {2 & 5} even loved!}.  I'm so glad we had these games, because the Seahawks/Broncos game was not keeping our interest! Bruno Mars however gave an awesome performance. 

It should be noted that I WON the quarter game for the 2nd year in a row! Whoop Whoop! :)
Adam won commercial bingo.

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...