Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Backyard Adventures {DSM}

I'm going to make an effort to post more about our local adventures since I am always looking for fun, new places to take the kids or go out with my hubby.

I've posted in the past about the SkyZoneSculpture Park, Zoo TunesIowa State Fair 2012Iowa State Fair 2013,  Tubing at SevenOaks in Boone, Free Little Libraries, Jumpin Jacks, and tons of local Christmas Activities.  I've briefly mentioned the farmer's market {which is a pretty big deal here} few concert and shows, and tons of restaurants, but there are so many places we've been and things we've experienced around this city that I haven't even mentioned.  I'm assuming others would like local suggestions.
----------------
On the last day of my friends maternity leave, we decided to take the kids to a place called Backyard adventures.  They're located in Urbandale and actually sell playgrounds, patio furniture, hot tubs, basketball hoops, etc., but they let kids play on the display pieces in their large demo area.  They're open afternoons, Monday through Friday.  It's only $5 and they provide free bottled water.  They also host birthday parties on the weekends.

All phone photos. :(
>>What's your favorite hidden place in Iowa?

*None of these places have any clue who I am or what this little blog is.  I pay for our entrance like any other customer and blog my honest opinion.

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...