Monday, July 2, 2012

Travel Journal

As a kid, we took a family vacation every single summer. So I had been to roughly 20 places when I graduated college. Sadly...each trip I thought I would remember all of the details [of course once I was able to remember anything that is!] but the truth is...I don't. Yes, I could dig out all of my photo books and read the back of the pictures [my mama was religious at that yo!] to see the location and the date, but it's a hassle and I'm lazy.

It's hard to read, but the top says Jordyn's Travel Journal
  I knew I wanted to do something for Jordyn to remember all of her trips, so I decided to make a travel journal for her.  I found a girl on Etsy and ordered a leather journal and personalized it.  When we travel, I make sure to pick up one of the free state maps.  Then I cut around the city we visited out in the shape of the state we were at.  I made sure to write the location and date.  I hope someday she will enjoy looking back and remembering all of the memories we shared. 
 

2 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! This will be so special for Jordyn when she gets older!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! i love love love it! I may just copy you and do this for my girls. Me and my brother just had this descusion the other day on how we remember only bits and peices of your vacations. We are making our girls memories and I am a firm believer in making memories count!

    thanks for the idea :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read some of our story & especially for commenting!

Other Good Reads

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...