Thursday, December 15, 2011

Because the power is out

and I can't vacuum... or cook lunch... or do laundry
I'll sit down and update this blog that once got so much attention.

Murdock is doing so much better.  He is back to eating his regular [hard] dog food.  Lots of spots still...the vet said this is going to be a long [6 month] recovery, but we're headed in the right direction I think.  We have a follow up with Dr. Foster tomorrow.  We're hoping she's feeling as optimistic as we are.

If you missed Jordyn's 1 month photos [since I back dated it] they can be found here.  I cannot believe my baby girl will be 8 weeks on Sunday...so crazy how much life has changed in just 8 weeks!  :)  My doctor's appointment yesterday confirmed what I dreaded...10 pounds of baby weight remains.  I'm not even attempting to work it off until the new year...why set myself up to fail with the holidays?!

I just can't seem to get in the Christmas spirit this year.  I'm trying so hard.  I have just a few gifts to finish up.  I've been cranking the Christmas music.  Wrapping all of the gifts instead of using bags like I usually do.  You would think I would be more in the spirit this year since it's Jordyn's first Christmas and we're starting new traditions.  Maybe it's the money issues.  Or the fact that it's been raining for 48 hours and on December 15th we still have NO SNOW!

Tonight is girls night with my sister.  We're headed downtown for some holiday shopping.  Carriage rides. Ugly hat contest.  Hopefully this will help my holiday spirit! :)  PS...Adam's first night watching miss Jordyn by himself.  So excited for him to be able to bond more with her!  :)

Tomorrow night we get to watch our Godson & his 2 pups overnight.  We are so excited!!  I'm also taking his NINE months photos this weekend.  NINE MONTHS?!  What happened to 2011?!

Did I mention that our power went out a couple of weeks ago, too?  Some punk kids in the neighborhood flipped a few breakers outside.  I swear to goodness they better not be the reason my power is out this morning!  I've been hand rocking my baby for over an hour.  I guess I should keep up on my battery purchases since the swing would work with 4 C batteries.  We only have 2! :(  Oh and the smoke detector [in Jordyn's room no less] has been squeaking all morning.  That needs a D battery...we currently have 0 of those.

I should probably wrap this up and head to the store for the batteries...and lunch.  Can't cook without power! :)

Have a great weekend!

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...