Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thankul [30 days]

Tuesday, November 1st Today I am thankful for my new baby Jordyn Lynn.  She has added more to my life than I could ever have imagined.  I prayed so long for a baby and God gave me a beautiful, healthy, amazing baby girl.  I have no words to express what she means to Adam and I.  After just 9 days, I cannot remember our lives without her.  My heart has exploded!

Wednesday, November 2nd
Today I am thankful for my wonderful, amazing husband! He is honestly everything I am not...he is the half that makes me whole.  He treats me like a princess and does everything he can to provide for this family.  Adam is an awesome husband, and an even better daddy.  He reminds me each day to relax, laugh, and look at the big picture.  I love him more today than the day I married him.  I cannot wait to raise our family, live our life, and grow old with this man...he gives me butterflies every.single.day!

Thursday, November 3rd
Today I am thankful for family.  This word has a whole new meaning to me now than it did two weeks ago.  I am thankful for the wonderful family Adam and I were blessed to be raised with and the wonderful family Adam and I have started.  It's amazing to me how much love and emotion can be squeezed into one word! 
We have awesome parents & sisters who have always been there for us.  We both grew up with stay at home moms, married parents [26 years & 40 years], and mostly loving sisters!  
I thank God every day for 'my' little family.  My wonderful husband, happy baby, and loving pup bring me more joy every day! 

Friday, November 4th
Today I am thankful for grandparents.  Jordyn was blessed with amazing grandparents.  I don't know what I would have done without all of their help the past two weeks.  From helping with Jordyn so I could nap, to the gifts and food they brought, to the knowledge they have shared...I appreciate it all!  Thank you God for giving Jordyn awesome grandparents that could not love her more!!

Saturday, November 5th
Today I am thankful for date nights! :)  Grandpa and Gram are watching our little baby so we can go out for a date night.  Sushi, wine, & a night out with my hot hubby.  This night is perfect & without grandparents it would not be happening so soon!  As much as I love my daughter, I loved my husband first and without him I wouldn't have Miss Jordyn.  I pray that we never loose that fire and we can show our children now important a loving marriage really is. 

Sunday, November 6th
Today I am thankful for all of the visitors we have had.  We are so lucky to have so many caring and understanding friends and family.  I can't even count all of the visitors we've had in the past two weeks.  So many phone calls, visits, gifts, meals, and awesome guests.  Life gets busy, but thank you for blessing us with some many loving, kind people in our lives. 

Monday, November 7th
Today I am thankful for our health.  Jordyn had her two week baby appointment today and perfectly healthy!  Thank you for all of the teaching and modern medicine so we can have an amazing pediatrician.  Working in a hospital, I see so many families dealing with long-term, life-threatening illnesses.  I thank God every day for an overall healthy family.

Tuesday, November 8th
Today I am thankful that I live in a state with all four seasons. Today was our first snow of the season, and while I know that I'll be sick of it soon, I really do love it. I cannot imagine living somewhere that I didn't experience all seasons. I cannot wait to take Miss Jordyn skiing and sledding in this beautiful white snow! :

Wednesday, November 9th
Today I am thankful for my sisters safety.  This morning her car was stolen right in front of her in a matter of seconds.  While I cannot believe someone would steal a car, I am so thankful she was protected.  Her things can be replaced...she cannot!  I am also thankful that we live so close to each other and she was able to come spend the day with Jordyn and I.    

Thursday, November 10th
Today I am thankful for our jobs, especially in such a rough economy.  Although Adam's job is very demanding I am thankful for it's flexibility and ability to support our family.  Without him, I wouldn't be able to stay at home until the end of the year with our new addition.  I am also thankful for my job; the ability take so much time off, the flexibility throughout the year, and the insurance they offer.  I also love that I enjoy [most of] my job.  Lastly, I am thankful for Adam's ability and willingness to DJ and my photo shoot opportunities that add to our family fund from time to time. 

What are you thankful for this holiday season?

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...