Friday, October 21, 2011

39w1d [+Bump]

Sorry for the delay...it has taken me a bit to get photos uploaded!

How far along: 39w1d

Total weight gain: 35 lbs  *I keep telling myself it's water weight, but I know better! :)

Size and growth of the baby: just over 7lbs. & about 20 inches long 

From my weekly email:  Your baby's waiting to greet the world! [S]he continues to build a layer of fat to help control body temperature after birth, but it's likely [s]he already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, a mini watermelon. [Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls.] The outer layers of skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath.

Sex: Unsure, but I think we've finally found a name for both genders!  Vote on my poll [outside of Google Reader]


Maternity clothes: yep...packing up the summer clothes though

Sleep: not terrible for being full term

Movement: less and less

Best moment(s) of the week: hearing that we're 1cm and 80% effaced...progress! :)

Food cravings/aversions: nothing specific...maybe popcorn

Symptoms: nothing excessive...typical 39 weeks symptoms [heartburn, swelling, light cramping]

Belly button in or out: flat

What I miss: rolling over without pelvic pain

What I'm looking forward to: Adam and my dad are installing the ceiling fan and hanging the mirror in the baby's room this weekend! :)

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...