Thursday, September 22, 2011

35w1d [+bump]


How far along: 35w1d

Total weight gain: 27lbs

Size and growth of the baby: about 5 1/4 lbs. & over 18 inches long 

DOCTOR'S NOTES: He anticipates the baby to be around 7lbs [which is reassuring].  On a disappointing note I show no progress of going into labor anytime soon!  
From my weekly email:  Because it's so snug in your womb, [s]he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times [s]he kicks should remain about the same. His/her kidneys are fully developed now, and the liver can process some waste products. Most of the basic physical development is now complete – [s]he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

Sex: more people are starting to guess boy which is a big change...overall everyone still thinks girl though.

Maternity clothes: Almost always.  Purchased another pair of [dark] maternity jeans and bought a lounge outfit for at the hospital
 last week.

Sleep: not great... lots of potty breaks and [slooowly] flipping sides.  I'm wide awake [but still tired!] after about 5 hours of sleep.  I suppose this is preparing me for being up all night!

Best moment(s) of the week: hearing the heartbeat and knowing that the dreaded Strep B test is OVER! :)  Oh and the diaper bag has arrived!! :)


Movement: yes...not a lot of room for movement, but I still feel some.

Food cravings/aversions: Nothing specific...I feel like I graze more because I can't eat a lot at one time.

Symptoms: still lots of back & pelvic pain...my ankles started swelling this week [fun stuff!]

Belly button in or out: almost flat, but I think it will stay in

What I miss: sitting up and rolling over quickly [painlessly!]

What I'm looking forward to: finishing up the nursery!

3 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwww Look at you Pretty Lady! Gorgeous belly!
    I predict boy....October 31st. HALLOWEEN BABY!!!

    Take lots of pictures before and after delivery at the Hospital.......Of you and baby! And if you're planning on an epidural.....don't get it tooooo early. I got mine way too early and it wore off and did no good.
    Wishing you the best! Can't wait...I'm excited for you and your fam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I'm so excited for you!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm... Judging by the belly, I'd guess probably a boy, but it could go either way.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read some of our story & especially for commenting!

Other Good Reads

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...