Wednesday, February 2, 2011

SNOWday!!

I tried...I really did!  I got up and ready for work, took Murdock out and fed him, and started the 15 mile[?] trek to work...and then I turned around.  When looking out our condo it seemed fine [Iowaish, but plowed].  It should have made me think twice when I stepped in the thigh high drift, but I got about 1/3 of the way to work when the wind was blowing so hard I thought it was going to tip my little SUV over before I doubted myself and turned around.  I guess I can say I tried.  I took one snow day last year too...if I remember right!
Since I've been wide awake since 4:45 I've started laundry and picked up already.  We [maybe] have company coming over tomorrow night so I would like to get everything cleaned today.  The gym was closed this morning, maybe it will be opened this afternoon?  I suppose I should get cleaning now...when Adam gets up [assuming he is off today too] we'll probably watch movies and play games in front of the fireplace all day!

What is the high temp for you today?
Stay safe & warm today...wherever you are!

8 comments:

  1. It's going to be 9 today. Almost all of the schools are closed. Stay warm!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no clue what the temp is here today but it's probably around 30 or so. It has been snowing and I say we have about a foot or so of snow. I am off today so I have cleaned house and been doing laundry too :) I have to go to the bank but.....I don't feel like taking a shower, getting dressed, cleaning off the car and driving the whole 5 miles to the bank LOL. Didn't that just seem like a whole lot of effort just reading that?

    Have a great Snow day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please don't shoot me for saying this: today's high is 70. BUT, if it makes you feel any better, tomorrow's high is 42. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. High temp of 82! but don't be jealous... I haven't had a snow day in 6 years. Snuggle up on the couch for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You were up at 4:45am?? Yikes lady! I haven't seen 4:45am in YEARS. Hahaha.... It's currently 41 in my neck of the woods... apparently the Pacific NW didn't get the storms... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with the above person, why in the heck are you up so early?!

    And it's less than zero right now, yes, that's actual temp.

    Yuck.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read some of our story & especially for commenting!

Other Good Reads

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...