Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Tests Are In..

If you saw my last post you read that Murdocks Test results are in.  We aren't thrilled with the results, but we were reminded how thankful we are for our vet and also know that it could be worse.

That being said... 
He is allergic to all the good stuff [IMO]
no more beef
no more chicken
no more milk
no more cheese
no more rice
no more duck
no more lamb
...the list goes on but basically no more table food

The thing he is most allergic to though...DUST MITES.  This makes me sad because the vet said he lost all of the hair on is paws and belly because he was laying in it [I know...gross right?!].  To make me feel better she said it would be impossible to get all of the dust mites out of the hosue...no matter how much I cleaned.  Either way...I feel dirty! :(

I'm sad..for him, for us, for the whole situation.  All of his favorite 'treats' are out.  :(  All those treats we got him for Christmas...gone.  I guess they're free to a good home now!

Tonight he started his first round of shots.  I'll give him a shot [& 4 Benadryl] every three days for the next 73, then we're readjust his dosage to see where he is most comfortable.  

Testing Cost - $392
Medicine Cost for 2 months - $177
Relief for Murdock - Priceless

I'll update you all with his progress as we see changes.

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...