Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Tests Are In..

If you saw my last post you read that Murdocks Test results are in.  We aren't thrilled with the results, but we were reminded how thankful we are for our vet and also know that it could be worse.

That being said... 
He is allergic to all the good stuff [IMO]
no more beef
no more chicken
no more milk
no more cheese
no more rice
no more duck
no more lamb
...the list goes on but basically no more table food

The thing he is most allergic to though...DUST MITES.  This makes me sad because the vet said he lost all of the hair on is paws and belly because he was laying in it [I know...gross right?!].  To make me feel better she said it would be impossible to get all of the dust mites out of the hosue...no matter how much I cleaned.  Either way...I feel dirty! :(

I'm sad..for him, for us, for the whole situation.  All of his favorite 'treats' are out.  :(  All those treats we got him for Christmas...gone.  I guess they're free to a good home now!

Tonight he started his first round of shots.  I'll give him a shot [& 4 Benadryl] every three days for the next 73, then we're readjust his dosage to see where he is most comfortable.  

Testing Cost - $392
Medicine Cost for 2 months - $177
Relief for Murdock - Priceless

I'll update you all with his progress as we see changes.

9 comments:

  1. Wow! For that much work and expense, I certainly hope you see an improvement. We had Jacob allergy tested last year, it turned out he's allergic to almost everything, including dust mites. If it makes you feel any better, he's now completely off of all his meds and doing great--I promise our house isn't any cleaner than it was a year ago, unfortunately.

    Good luck.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. sad face! Sorry to hear about your pooch - but at least you got it all figured out and hopefully now he can be happier :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Abby...I'm sorry!!! I know you are not nasty and I don't think it matters how much you clean your house, Murdock is just plain allergic to dust mites and the only way to make him 100% better is to put him in a bubble (can't you just see that LOL)!! As far as the food goes.....I feel super sorry for the poor guy...can you imagine not being able to eat anything good!?!?!?

    I hope you have a great Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah so sorry to hear all that. But hope Murcock will feel better. Poor guy. Hugs to him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh, this is so sad. I am terribly sorry to hear this. Things will be okay though.! Soon enough things will be looking up for you.!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. I am so sorry to hear this. Things will be okay in the end. Murdock is lucky to have such good parents who care about him and want to do anything so he will be well... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that is sad. My aunts dog has lots of allergies just like that. Poor guy, hopefully he will feel better soon :) Check my blog since you are a dog lover. My last 2 were on my cute little guy!
    http://forpinkssake.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read some of our story & especially for commenting!

Other Good Reads

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...