Thursday, November 5, 2020

Cleaning the house


This topic is fresh on my mind since we're currently in quarantine and I feel like we're cleaning around the clock!

FAVORITE PRODUCTS & WHO DOES IT
windows - I tackle windows and mirrors.  The only thing I ever use for this task is this cloth from Norwex.  I try to do this every or every other weekend.
dusting - The kids and I both do this task.  The only thing we use is a microfiber cloth.  This only happens once a month.
vacuuming - Most of the time, the kids do this.  We have a central house vac that they use.  Jordyn usually tackles the living floor and Cullyn handles the bedroom floor.  In between 'real' vacuums, we run one of these
laundry - This is my domain.  I do all of the washing/drying.  My favorite detergent is this with a teaspoon of this for the best scent ever!  The kids fold and put away their laundry.  I usually fold Adam's and mine.  However, I only put my own away.  I really dislike hanging laundry.  Did you know: you're 'supposed' do vacuum one time per week for every human in your house and twice a week for each pet?!  
kitchen - Adam is most likely to help with this chore.  The kitchen is kind of his domain.  We use these dishwasher tabs and wipe the counters with bleach wipes {I know, I know!  I can't stop!}.  These are my favorite hand towels.  Quick tip: if you microwave a bowl of water for a few minutes before you wipe your microwave out it's so much easier!
bathrooms - These are the only thing to use to clean your toilet.   Until last week, I assumed everyone knew about them, but apparently several of my girlfriends are still using the old school brush!  Besides that we just use bleach wipes and microfiber clothes.  This happens at least weekly & the kids scrub all of the toilets and wipe all of the counters down.  This is actually a really easy task to teach your children. 

Also, not a cleaning tip, but I love to hang these in my closets, the guest bedroom, the bottom of the trash cans, and under the seats in my car.  

Are there any amazing cleaning products I'm missing out on?

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...