Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Life Lately


I feel like life has been moving at 2x since December...where has the time gone?!  We're on our second No School day for snow in as many weeks, and I'm here.for.it!  If only I got the day off, too!  I'm itching to get on the lake this weekend!  My parents are also coming to help me work on a few projects around the house -- fingers crossed!  They were supposed to come down last weekend, but I made them stay home because we got a huge ice storm. :(  Anyways, here's a little recap of what we're all up to these days...

Jordyn
She's in second grade now & loving her teachers.  She's had a little bit of hurt feelings with her two best friends being together in the 'other' class, but it's been a good learning experience for her and overall she's handled it well.  She's doing piano each week and is doing really good!  She's also in basketball which she enjoys.  Other than that she's in Clover Kids {4H} and loves youth group at our church.  Additionally, she's been begging me to let her do Girl Scouts -- I wouldn't mind, I just don't know that we {I!} can handle one more thing logistically on Thursday evenings right now.

Cullyn
He's in first grade already & doing really well.  He loves the social side of school, but could really do without the actual learning portion! ;)  Wrestling season is almost over for Cullyn, but he has done so well this year!  It's been super fun to watch him excel in this area.  In addition to wrestling, Cullyn is busy with basketball, taewkondo {another huge passion of his!}, Clover Kids, youth group {he refuses to miss!} & piano {the one thing he could ditch and not think twice about -- also the one thing I actually feel passionate about him doing, sigh.}

Lola
She's 2 1/2 already -- how is that possible?!  She is such a good girl for the most part!  She now roams the house when we leave.  She loves playing in the snow as much as she loves swimming in the water!  Unfortunately, she currently has a yeast infection {in her ear} and a staph infection {on her tummy} so we're treating those and giving her some extra love right now. 

Adam
He's enjoying a little reprieve from the crazy-busy year he had at work in 2019.  Appointments are slowly picking back up and he's been able to do some speaking for his new job.  The job change last year was such a great decision for our family and I couldn't be more proud of him for it.  We just got back from Las Vegas, a trip he earned through his company for their performance in 2019.  Unfortunately, with work being so full, the band has slowed down a bit, but he's getting back into it.

Me
I still feel super thankful to work in the same town as the kids' school.  Dropping them off and picking them up is gold!  My position at work has stretched me a lot this year -- I can't believe I've almost been here a year already!  At times it's been stressful, and demanding, but I am loving it!  It's fun to learn new things.  A bonus to me working in finance now, I am super driven to make more aggressive financial decisions at home, so that's been fun!  Traveling is still my most favorite thing in the world {behind family!}.  I just booked our RV for this summer {eek!}  My only hobby these days {besides reading & driving my kids everywhere} is small group.  It's been life-giving to me when I feel like Adam and I are ships passing in the night. Which reminds me, the thing I'm most excited for in 2020 -- Adam and I are bringing back weekly date nights!  Whoop Whoop!  I've also committed to keeping this space better updated now that the kids aren't as needy at night.

Photo of our lake from the first snow of the season -- we're on like our 7th now! ;)

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...