Wednesday, July 27, 2022

What's Up Wednesday | July 2022

1: WHAT WE’RE EATING THIS WEEK:

Monday  Smashburgers + Sweet Corn
Tuesday  Fish + Rice
Wednesday  Hibachi on the Blackstone
Thursday  Quesadillas & Pulled Pork Nachos
Friday - Pizza!
Saturday  Picnic on the Pontoon
Sunday - Steak + Risotto





2. WHAT I’M REMINISCING ABOUT:

Our family vaca to Arizona with the kids!





3: WHAT I’M LOVING:
The weather this week! It's been about 100º for the month of July, but this week is in the 80s!  Such a gift for July in Iowa!





4: WHAT WE’VE BEEN UP TO:

An overnight with my niece & nephew
Booking vacations!!
Celebrating Independence Day
Family Pictures

Hiking at Ledges State Park
Missing my grandpa :(
Putt-putt with my parents
Taking the kids tubing down the river
Savoring summer with slip-n-slide kickball, water balloons, & snocones

5: WHAT I’M DREADING:
School starting :(
& still this, because I haven't started yet...
really want to touch up all the trim in our house, but I'm super dreading it!  I know I just need to take it one room at a time, but ugh!  It's a lot!  I keep telling myself it will be so nice when it's all done.  You know, once I get started! 🤪


6: WHAT I’M WORKING ON:

Thank you's from my grandpa's funeral
Booking vacations!!
Programing the garage doors to my car
Selling an old pop machine
Meal planning {it can only go up from what it has been -- ha!}


7: WHAT I’M EXCITED ABOUT:

My audit {at work} is over...Boom!

While I am not excited for school to start {the kids are gone more, homework needs done, lunches need made, etc.} I am excited about a new 'season'. I love a great excuse to refocus and get a new 'plan' if you will.  New habits, new schedules, new processes.  I'm ready for it!

8: WHAT I’M WATCHING/READING:
I haven't watched TV all month, but here are the book I read in July...
I'll Be You, Dear Santa, The Matzah Ball, I Miss You When I Blink
LuckyThe Paris Apartment, The DaughterHappiness for Beginners, & One True Loves.

{Top 3 are in bold}


9: WHAT I’M LISTENING TO:
Lots of kids laughing and shouting in the yard.  The best sound ever! :)


10: WHAT I’M WEARING:

Sandalsbike shortsthis shirt, & the softest sweatshirt ever on repeat.


11: WHAT I’M DOING THIS WEEKEND:

NOTHING!  I've made a goal to really slow down & savor August as a family.  The only plan we have is church and to take Cullyn to camp on Sunday.  Jordyn is requesting we hit the Farmer's Market and I would like to squeeze in some time on the pontoon.


12: WHAT I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT MONTH:

Routine.  Celebrating my Grandma's 80th Birthday! Seeing family. The Iowa State Fair and a couple of concerts. & hopefully a date night! :)

WHAT ELSE IS NEW:

Despite all the good/fun stuff above, the past few months have just been really hard.
I can't get into details here, but just remember you only see what people want you to see.  Everyone has their struggles, even if they aren't vocal about it.  Just be kind.

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...