Wednesday, June 29, 2022

What's Up Wednesday | June






1: WHAT WE’RE EATING THIS WEEK:

Monday  Allll the seafood! {see above}
Tuesday  Allll the seafood! {see above}
Wednesday  Chicken Fried Rice
Thursday  Steak
Friday - Family Dinner out after family photos
Saturday  TBD -- something super easy & quick since we will be out on the water all day!
I'm thinking Breakfast Burritos, Sandwiches, & Pizza?
Sunday - 
TBD -- something super easy & quick since we will be out on the water all day!
I'm thinking Breakfast Sandwiches {on the boat}, Quesadillas, & Pulled Pork?

2. WHAT I’M REMINISCING ABOUT:

Our trip to Naples with Adam's siblings & spouses.
It was exactly what I needed!  Beach/Pool/Lounge on repeat the entire trip!

3: WHAT I’M LOVING:
Summer Break!  Having the kids at home is my FAVORITE!

4: WHAT WE’VE BEEN UP TO:
Booking vacations!!
An outdoor concert with the girls

5: WHAT I’M DREADING:
I really want to touch up all the trim in our house, but I'm super dreading it!  I know I just need to take it one room at a time, but ugh!  It's a lot!  I keep telling myself it will be so nice when it's all done.  You know, once I get started! ðŸ¤ª

6: WHAT I’M WORKING ON:
I am trying really hard to slow down and enjoy the summer with the kids.  I know I'm going to blink and they'll be out of the house, so I'm really trying to enjoy their summer break to the fullest.  More Fun Fridays with little stuff & big stuff.

I'm also working on keeping my flowers alive (& weeds dead!}
June usually goes pretty well & then I just quit watering them until they die. :(


7: WHAT I’M EXCITED ABOUT:
My sister & BIL come home TOMORROW!!!
I haven't seen them since Christmas and it feels like it! :(
The weekend will also be filled with some of my favorite things -- boat parade, cardboard regatta, fireworks from the boat, etc.  It's just a fun weekend!


8: WHAT I’M WATCHING/READING:
I rented Four Good Days on Amazon Prime last night.
{Top 3 are in bold}

9: WHAT I’M LISTENING TO:
Silence.  I've been intentionally been seeking out silence lately and it's so nice.
I tend to think I always need to be doing two things simultaneously, so it's been nice to step back a bit. 

10: WHAT I’M WEARING:
Sandals, bike shorts & oversized t-shirts on repeat.

11: WHAT I’M DOING THIS WEEKEND:
Taking family photos, hanging with my family, & listening to Adam's Band play!

12: WHAT I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT MONTH:
We have plane tickets calling our name!


WHAT ELSE IS NEW:

Despite all the good/fun stuff above, the past few months have just been really hard.
I can't get into details here, but just remember you only see what people want you to see.  Everyone has their struggles, even if they aren't vocal about it.  Just be kind.

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...