Friday, March 30, 2018

March Goals Check Up!


Meal plan | Fail!  I guess I aced the plan, but failed to actually stick to it.
Make tax appointment & prep for them! | Check!  Literally, write the check {sigh!}
Get windshield replaced | This one isn't my fault.  I've called the guy multiple times.
Read a book | I read The Secrets of MidwivesWhen Breath Becomes Air, and Confessions of a Domestic Failure
Make a photo book | I can't believe I didn't order a free book!  In my defense we have been so consumed with all the house stuff! :(
Buy Easter Basket goodies for the kids | Nailed it! :)
Individual dates with the kids | J got to get a mani/pedi with Vanessa {our niece} and C and I went on a few little dates {out for breakfast, .  I'm going to miss having him home on Friday's with me when school starts! :(  Both went to SkyZone for a birthday party that they loved!
Go on a date with Adam | We went to our friend's house for dinner and had a different set of friends over for dinner, but both times included children.  Hopefully once we get moved we'll be able to get a real date night in!
Go on a family date | Lots of family time, but no real date.  We did ask the kids if they wanted to go out one night, but they opted to stay in a watch the Cubs game and make stadium food {which lasted an inning before the neighbor girls came over and they all went outside to play -- haha!}
Order maps for the kids' travel journals | Everything is ordered and I even started cutting them out!

With the current state of our life {I know I owe you an update!} I'm giving myself some grace here.  However, this recap has reminded me of the importance of scheduling.  If I put it in my planner it's much more likely to happen!

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...