Monday, November 27, 2017

Thanksgiving 2017

It was so hard to go to work this morning after a great Thanksgiving weekend!  I feel like I always look ahead to the weekend and think about how much time I'm going to have and before I know it, it's Sunday night and I'm hopping into bed thinking about how fast it went!

The ONLY photos taken this Thanksgiving...sigh.
Highlights this year included starting the weekend at noon on Wednesday, listening to Past Vertical on Wednesday night, enjoying Adam's fried turkey, my mom's potatoes, and my sister's scotcharoo bars.  Looking through the ads on Thanksgiving afternoon followed by shopping with my mom and sister all day Friday is always a favorite.  This year Adam and my dad surprised me by organizing the garage and making room for both of our cars -- living in Iowa this is a definite perk before winter!!  Saturday I took down my fall decor and decorated for Christmas {everything but the tree}, saw Wonder with my mom and sister, and Adam and I went to our friend's 40th birthday party.  And Sunday we found out my sister and her husband are expecting a GIRL!!


Such a fun weekend.  I feel so blessed to celebrate with a group of loved ones -- I definitely don't take the for granted!  Especially since today marks 2 years since Murdocks death & we have a friend that's been in the hospital all weekend.  Life is so short!  On a happier note, Lola turns 6 months on Thursday, my niece has a dance team competition in Des Moines on Friday, & the kids and I are spending the weekend with my parents while Adam's deer hunting with his dad.  Now, if we could just get some snow already... ;)

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...