Thursday, March 24, 2022

What we've been up to...




Hey, it's me, Abby!  I'm still here even though I've been MIA!

I'm exhausted today, but for a good reason!  A childhood friend of Adam's and his family came over last night.  They're back seeing family and always make it a point to visit us, too.  So many things that drive me crazy about my husband {like him continuously reminding me I don't remember our wedding song!} but one of my FAVORITE things about him is the value he puts on friendships.  If he ever met you {even if it was when you were visiting your grandma at 7 years old!} he is going to continue to foster that relationship until he dies.  I'm pretty sure we are the exact opposite human beings! ;)

Anyways, we stayed up until midnight on a school night {#WorthIt} and I'm on my third {stop judging!} Mtn. Dew of the day, but I wanted to hop on here while Jordyn is a dance to catch you up on life right now.

My travel business is keeping me very busy right now {praise Jesus!} and I couldn't love all of it any more if I tried!  I seriously get giddy every time a client emails/calls/FB/IG/stops me on the street!  I didn't think it was possible to fall any more in love with travel, but I guess it was!  The only hard part is fighting the urge to pull my kids out of school and take them on a new trip each week!  Speaking of that, we made a very spur of the moment decision to pull the kids and surprise them with a week in Florida for Spring Break with friends.  #NoRegrets  The weather was perfect and we had a great time!

Piano continues, softball and baseball have started back up, and dance and tumbling are in their final months.  Iowa weather doesn't have a clue what's happening.  One day we have the windows open and the sun is shining and the next day it's snowing again -- UGH!  Lola has had a stomach bug of some sort the last two days, so in my spare time {30 minutes before our guests arrived} you could find me cleaning dog vomit off our carpets {such a glamorous life I live!

Other than that, I'm just working on our personal travel for the next year, admiring the 'new' light in our stairwell {that I bought about a year ago and we're just having installed!}, transferring all of my files to the Google Drive, and making a list of projects for when my dad comes! :)  They arrive this weekend after back to back travel -- first St. Croix {for my mom with her sister & nieces} followed by Savannah with my dad and friends/neighbors.  They're coming because my mom and I are going to the Elton John concert!  I'm so excited!!

Adam is home late tonight, so I guess I have to go cook something...

I hope you have an awesome weekend -- be back next week {hopefully!} 



You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...