Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Living My Best Life

I got this idea from Ashley last year and saved it the second I saw it.  You all know how much a love a good 'reset' -- anything to help me become my best self.

January || Declutter: The closets, the inbox, the fridge, the reoccurring streaming subscriptions. All of it.  I want to spend the month clearing out all.the.stuff!

February || Spending Freeze: I do this each February and always look forward to it.  It's so simple, yet rewarding.  I encourage everyone to do it.  Spend money only on necessities {nothing elective}

March || Walk Every Day: January and February are about eliminating things, so I wanted to 'add' something this month.  A walk every day seemed doable.  No distance or time requirement, just some time to silence my mind and move my body.

April || Aqua April: My plan is to drink ONLY water the entire month -- no soda, no alcohol, just water for 30 days.  This is going to be a very big challenge for me, but I think I can do it.  I definitely don't want to drink any alcohol for the month.  That shouldn't been a big deal at all compared to giving up my beloved Mtn. Dew!

May || Quite Time With Me: This month I will invest in 30 minutes of quiet time at some point throughout my day.  Reading before the house wakes, a quiet afternoon walk, a beverage on the deck, or a hot bath before bed.

June || Play Everyday: This one is for the kids.  I don't naturally 'play' with the kids.  I love to 'do' stuff with them, but can easily watch from the sidelines if I let myself.  This month I want to spend a little time doing something playful with them every day.  A cannonball in the pool when I wouldn't otherwise get in, a game of PIG the driveway, or something spontaneous and completely unexpected before bed.  

July || 31 Conversations: This month I'm going to seek to have 31 conversations with people.  Not quick, interrupted, distracted talk, but real, centered, focused conversations with people.  Some planned, some spontaneous, I want to see people well and listen even better this month.  

August || Sabbath Sundays: As a way to usher in a new school year, this one is so exciting to me.  One day a week to put away our phones, be together, and do nothing but stop and delight in all that is good.  Feast and play and smile and adventure and drink up the goodness of a day of rest.

September || Locally Focused: As a way to simplify life, I want to spend an entire month only buying local.  No Amazon Prime, no online shopping, no online returns and trips to the UPS store, etc.  If I can't find it local, I don't need it.

October || Get Outside: One of the prettiest (and also busiest) months of the year, I want to get outside to enjoy nature a little bit every day.  A walk, a bike ride, a patio with a friend.

November || Happy Mail: I'm going to send a piece of happy mail each day in November.  A letter, a picture, a giftcard, or some flowers.  Anything that will brighten someone's day!

December || Self Care December: This month tends to be so busy.  I want to commit to doing something to care for myself every day this month. 

Does anyone want to join me?

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...