Monday, April 27, 2020

A Practical Mother's Day Wishlist

Every year Adam asks be for a Mother's Day wishlist.  Some people might think it's dumb that I essentially pick out my own gift, but I love it.  If we're going to spend the money on something I would rather he pick out something I've been eyeing anyways.  Given that Adam has been unemployed the month of April, I have kept this list pretty practical.

1 | I've been eyeing this mirror since we moved to this house in 2018.  It would look perfect between our kitchen and living room.  It's a darker area {I realize this is relative since we have 20945098345 windows in our house and nobody would ever call it dark} and would add so much to the space.

2| I have Joanna's original cookbook and {aside from the fact I had to buy a stand to keep it open!} I love it!  Every recipe we've tried has been amazing, so I really want to check out her new cookbook!

3| Super practical, but I want to start replacing all of the doorknobs in our house {okay, maybe a little impractical since the doorknobs we currently have work, but these are adorable and fit the 'look' of our house so much more!}  I would love 4 more to complete the top floor of the house!  Bonus that they're currently on sale!

+ I would also love a few hanging ferns for the porch!
+ This would look so good with the rest of our travel decor.
+ This cheese board would look awesome in our kitchen.
+ I have also wanted this book for so long!
+ Two of these would be great for our out of control silverware drawer!
+ Now that we've painted the cabinets & redone the counter top, I've been eyeing this backsplash

+ A splurge that I wouldn't be sad about ;)
+ Speaking of splurge, a totally indulgent thing that the kids and I can get enough of is this towel warmer, currently on sale for $75!  The kids have been begging me to get them one for their bathroom.  It might be out of season, but if you're trying to buy for a mother that has it all, I would encourage you to look at this!
+ Now that I've completely transitioned to splurges, this necklace has been on my wishlist for a few years now & a couple of these chairs would be perfect for our back deck!  And if this would ever come back in stock, I would love to add it to our kitchen!

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...