Thursday, February 13, 2020

Skincare Routine

I had planned to post this yesterday, but Adam ended up being home last night {whoop whoop!} so we spent the evening playing Monopoly instead.  Which means I will post about our BVI trip next week. 

This was going to be broke into two posts, morning and evening, but I realized it isn't a whole lot different, so I'm putting it all together.  The last time I shared my skincare routine was in 2018.  I was dealing with frequent breakouts {thanks kids} for the first time in my life and had finally got it under control.  Last year I worked really hard to switch out products for cleaner versions, so this is where I'm at.  I'm sure it's not as green as it could be, but I know for certain that's better than it was and that makes me feel good.


In the mornings I use toner and then apply a few drops of Yorrow|Pom before applying my makeup for the day.  At night, I use just use cleanser and then add Yorrow|Pom.  If I still have a fair amount of makeup on {if I reapplied throughout the day, rare, but does happen occasionally -- a date night, wedding, etc.} I will use coconut oil to remove my makeup first and then the cleanser and moisturizer.


First off, even though I drink a ton of water, my skin is similar to a snake.  Ugh!  So, after I get out of the shower and each night before bed I apply this body butter.  It is pure magic!  It's not heavy and it actually moisturizes!  Before I get dressed for the day {if I didn't shower that morning} I spray myself with this hydrating body mist.  I love this stuff.  I also use it as leather hydration for my purses. :)

*The downside to many of the products I use is that they have to be ordered online though a doTERRA account, so you can just run to the store and get them.  However, I find the benefits to outweigh the hassle.  I am a doTERRA rep, however I'm only signed up for the discount and that was not the intent behind this post.  That being said, if you don't have access to doTERRA and would like products at cost, I'm happy to order something for you.

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...