Monday, December 30, 2019

19 for 2019 Checklist


Celebrate 10 years of marriage - In Jamaica!
Complete a daily devotional - Check!
Cook more dinners & meal plan weekly - Still not a ton, but definitely more!
Finish Jordyn & Cullyn's baby books {18mo-6/7yrs} -- Didn't even start!  UGH!! Definitely making this a priority in 2020!
Make a life journal - Check!
Monthly dates with Adam - Terrible!  We didn't have any sitters and Adam was working crazy hours.  I think we've got a plan for 2020! :)
Paint kitchen cabinets - Didn't start this either.  BUT, I do still want to do it, so I'm keeping it on the 2020 list!
Paint upstairs doors white - This was a bigger project than I thought, but it's DONE!
Read 50 books - Check!
Read the bible to the kids - We didn't finish the entire bible, but we made progress.
{Re}learn the Books of the Bible song - Fail! I just can't remember the song {from childhood} and can't find it anywhere online to even start memorizing it. :(
Replace bathroom doors w/ barn doors - Check!  & I LOVE them!!!
Run a marathon - Check!  By far the goal I'm most proud of!
SAVE & pay off car - We paid one car off and the other will be paid off before summer {whoop whoop!} We have also doubled our investments this year, so I feel good about our financial state.
Send more paper mail - This is the one I'm most disappointed about.  I did send more than I have previously, but I'm keeping this on the list for next year.  I hope to send something via snail mail every week in 2020.
Start 'Self-care Sundays' - I started off good and lost steam part way through the year.  That being said, I do think I've incorporated more self-care into my daily habits, so I think I'm doing okay.
Take cabinetry to garage - Check!  
Take Lola on more walks - No, and I just have to come to grips with the fact that she does not walk well on a leash.  I took her on a few walks and she nearly pulled my shoulder out of the socket once and pulled me to a belly flop another time, so I don't plan on keeping this on the list for next year. 
Travel to a new state - We visited Colorado for the first time -- & loved it.

11/19 - 58%
With both of us starting new jobs and all of transitioning to Adam's new work schedule, I'll take it.  

Now...to goal set for 2020! 

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...