Wednesday, September 27, 2023

What's Up Wednesday

Apparently the last What's Up Wednesday I participated in was MARCH, which pretty much sums up the speed of our summer! πŸ€ͺ


1: WHAT WE’RE EATING THIS WEEK:
Monday  Rotisserie chicken + Rice
Tuesday  Chicken nuggets + Mac & Cheese
Wednesday  Spaghetti
Thursday – Salmon + Rice
Friday  Pizza
Saturday  Sliders {Lunch} & TBD {Dinner}
Sunday  Lasagna + Breadsticks
And nightly ice cream 😬

2. WHAT I’M REMINISCING ABOUT:

Our trip to Minnesota earlier this month!


3: WHAT I’M LOVING:
Seeing the kids with her new friends & getting comfortable at their new schools, church, sports, etc! 🫢🏽

Also, our parents all still live in Iowa {about 1.5 hours from apart} so they met for dinner and to catch up with each other



4: WHAT WE’VE BEEN UP TO:

Taking kids to practices -- volleyball, flag football, & wrestling.
& hitting as many beaches as possible in between

5: WHAT I’M DREADING:
Not a thing.

6: WHAT I’M WORKING ON:
Booking vacations!!


7: WHAT I’M EXCITED ABOUT:
MY PARENTS COME TO VISIT!!
Celebrating Jordyn's Birthday and our 14th Anniversary! :)

8: WHAT I’M WATCHING/READING:
We watched Kelce on Netflix
I read these books {since March!}...
Book Lovers, Don't You Cry, When the Lights Go Out, Wild at Heart, The Boys in the Boat, Happy Place, Meet Me Under the Mistletoe, Nora Goes Off Script, Mary Jane, Atomic Habits, The Party Crasher, Live Wire, Every Summer After, These Precious Days, The Light We Lost, Without Merit, Just The Nicest Couple*,  Big Summer, Live in Love*, This Must Be the Place, The Third Wife*, The Villa, Find Your People, The Blame Game*.
*Favorites

9: WHAT I’M LISTENING TO:

Taylor Swift by default {it's all Jordyn has been listening to these days!}

10: WHAT I’M WEARING:

It's hot here, so usually biker shorts, one of these t-shirts or these tanks& these slides.

11: WHAT I’M DOING THIS WEEKEND:
Not much.  Saturday is cleaning and grocery shopping day and the kids are having friends over after church on Sunday, but that's it!  


12: WHAT I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT MONTH:

Cullyn's football games
Jordyn's Volleyball tournament
Trick-or-Treating at our new neighborhood

WHAT ELSE IS NEW:

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...