Friday, January 1, 2021

Top Ten 2021 Goals


Block Sundays for Family -- and self-care.  We did this most of 2020 and it was beautiful!  It's the best way to start the week.  Sleep in, go to church, have family lunch, go boating, watch a movie, take a long shower, clip the kids' nails, paint my nails, apply sunless tanner, play games, etc.  

Complete the Kitchen Backsplash -- we gave much of the kitchen a facelift {painted the cabinets, added hardware, moved the outlets, etc.} and now we need to have someone come add a backsplash.  

Finish Reading the Bible to the Kids -- I started this in 2020 and fell off the wagon.  We need to start our evening routine a little earlier to make this a success.

Order a New Refrigerator -- We should have done the beginning of last year, because when we finally went to buy it the prices were through the roof!  :(

Plan Monthly Dates with Adam -- This is so much harder to do when you live in the middle of nowhere, but I crave these nights.  A must in 2021!

Read Every Unread Book in the Pile -- I have probably 50 books that I've purchased and not read.  This is the year.  I'm committing {& excited} to read every book in the pile!

Replace Stairway Light -- The stairwell has a can light and I am so excited to upgrade it to something fun!  It shouldn't be too difficult. Says the girl that will be watching from below...

Send Paper Mail to Someone each Month -- I wanted to do this last year and failed, so I'm making it a priority this year.  Who doesn't love getting paper mail/just because gifts in the mail?!

Start an Exercise Streak -- I ran a marathon in the fall of 2019 and haven't done much of anything since.  I'm determined to show my body some love in 2021!  I'm thinking of committing to walking at least 10 minutes every day or maybe doing some form of abs every day.  Or should I make it 5 days a week?  I want to go all in, but also make this attainable.

Take the Kids on a Big Trip for Christmas -- I secured 10 days of PTO for December of 2021 and I reallllllly want to surprise the kids with a vacation for Christmas!


What are your goals for 2021?

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...