Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Ice Skating on the Lake


This weekend was one I always dream of when I think of living on a lake.  Life gets crazy and often I forget we even live on a lake.  But this weekend our friend Jesse cleared a track on the ice so the kids could ice skate.  It was so fun!  We're already wondering when we can get back out there this week! :)


For those of you asking on IG, here is the link for the kids' ice skates.  They're actually hockey skates {a little easier than true ice skates}.  I would consider them unisex even though the listing says boys.  We got the kids each a pair for Christmas last year.  These are also a lifeline if you have little ones learning to skate.  My dad made the kids each one when they were little.




And last thing, because I already got comments on Instagram.  We checked the ice before the kids went skating.  The guys have been ice fishing out there for a month now.  The ice is over 8" thick everywhere, but I appreciate your concern for our kiddos! :)

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...