Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Sundays



Sundays a beginning and an end: the end of the weekend, & the start of a new week. After running around doing all of the school and extra-curriculars all week, I love to make Sundays a day to rest and recharge as a family.


My ideal Sunday includes:
+ Waking up before the rest of the family with time to read the bible and a few chapters of a fiction book.
+ Church, as a family.  If I'm really dreaming, we're less than 5 minutes late to service! :)
+ Cleaning/organizing as a family.  I love ending Sundays with a completely clean house -- floors cleaned & surfaces cleared --  and all the laundry cleaned, folded, and put away. I love to start the week with everything cleared.
+ Prep for the week.  Have all homework done, backpacks loaded, and extras {snacks, sports clothes, etc.} ready.
+ Make eggs for Monday morning, a pound of bacon baked for the week, and a dinner plan for the week.
+ An afternoon nap for Adam and I.  The kids refuse these days, so at least an hour of quite time.
+ Spending some time looking at my calendar for the week ahead and planning extra coverage/carpools as needed.
+ Doing my full evening skin care routine -- toner, exfoliator, face mask, moisturizer, & full body whip.  Plus teeth whitening & using my WaterPik.  Bonus if I can remember to apply my self-tanner.
+ Family movie in the afternoon
+ Reading before going to bed.
+ Sleeping by 10p

Of course not everything on my list happens every Sunday, but I like thinking about what Sunday rituals leave me feeling rejuvenated and prepared for the week.
What does your ideal Sunday look like?

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...